Last month i attended Philips Healthcare MCR EMEA (Mult Country Region-East,Middle East and Africa) sales force training in MALTA. The 5 days event with the theme ACCELERATE TODAY was very Interactive, inspirational and motivational.
One of the key-note speakers during the training was Jim Lawless, the author of the acclaimed book ‘Taming Tigers’. I am posting this story because of this guy, i was so impressed with his presentation, he Motivated me in a big way.
With his amazing story Lawless has proven to us that impossible is possible, Although people told him he would never succeed, Lawless became a jockey within only twelve months in 2003 and became britain’s deepest free diver in 2011. Lawless defines a tiger as something that holds you back in making decisions and Acting to your ideas, the cowardness in You. You have brilliant ideas but you end up sharing it with your buddies, No ACTION..
In his book Lawless listed 10 rules for taming tigers.
- Act bold today – time is limited
- Re-write your rulebook- challenge it hourly
- Head in the direction of where you want to arrive, every day
- Its all in the mind
- The tools for taming Tigers are all around
- There is no safety in numbers
- Do something every day
- Understand and control your time to create change
- Create displines – do the basics brilliantly
- Never, never give up!